Monday, June 25, 2007

worst June ever


According to the news, mansfield is under one of the severe flood warning areas now and locals are advised to stay at home.
But Matt & I were determined to go to the gym after we lost ourselves on largers and pizzas last weekend.
Casually driving through the town, I couldn't believe how badly roads were flooded. we had to try 3 different routes to get to our gym and finally parked near the gym and walked through corned off roads. mind you, rain downpoured this whole month as if there were holes in the sky. (what was heatwave-anytime-now forecast all about?)
I guess this summer weather in Britain will definately make my trip to Korea worth money. plus good old friends will be there to greet me this time. one of my best mates who didn't stay in contact with me is in Seoul for a month and a few good friends who I spent most of my 20s together are in Seoul. It's just a shame that I won't be able to see my best best mate who cut me out of her life after I missed the meeting with her during my short stay in korea last summer. well,,, thinking about it, it has been almost 7 and a half years since I came over to UK. Beside food, one thing I miss terribly by living here is being around friends and feeling connected. It is proven to be difficult here to make friends unless one went to school with them. Maybe,, I am living in the past too much? If I am going to live here for the forseeable future, I'd better be moving on,, at least I have 2 or 3 english friends who are absolutely lovely. But for now,, I'd rather wax nostalgia for a bit longer. when I go back to korea this time,, I will be doing sun bathing for the first time in korean beach (very excited actually) and going completely wild at club with a bunch of my younger ex colleagues, then coming down with my church friends over dinner, weaving in and out of plays, exhibitions in Dae Hak Ro, taking video clips on the house I grew up and that always appears in my dreams, my uni etc. oh, I am definitely buying Eun Hee Kyoung's new novel as well (this woman is genius) matt will be with his friends at beach pretty much for 2 and a half weeks and we will see each other every now and again somewhere in seoul and sokcho (sounds weird for couple on hols doesn't it haha) during my stay.I just can not wait till I get there and feel my country again.

No comments:

Post a Comment