Thursday, June 14, 2007

Is there any meaning or justice in the cosmos?





Matt and I went down to Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's home town to watch King Lear by Royal Shakespeare Company last Thursday.
Not having read King Lear, I was quite interested in watching Sir Ian McKellen playing the old king.
After watching 3-hour-long and intensive play I could not shake off the feeling that I was the King Lear standing in the heath and looking for the answer.
It is amazing what plays can do to people.
Everybody has his or her own way to fulfil inner world, the feelings of existence. some go to pubs for encounters and drinks, others stare at TV waiting for the moments but we go and watch plays.
If you don't know what's on other side, you never feel that you missed out on something.

I was told off by taking this photo on my phone and matt seemed a bit embarrassed but me being korean, I wanted to capture the shot of beautiful courtyard theare.


No comments:

Post a Comment